.

NEWS AND VIEWS THAT IMPACT LIMITED CONSTITUTIONAL GOVERNMENT

"There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with
power to endanger the public liberty." - - - - John Adams

Saturday, December 17, 2011

RIP - Sally



Sally  (????  -  December 13, 2011)


By Gary;

My wife and I lost our best friend this last week.

Sally came to us years ago from parents of unknown origin.  Being a rescue dog we could only guess at her age at the time . . . perhaps four or five?  Her pervious owner just dumped her and ran off.  She was on the way to the pound and that end almost all dogs at the pound meet . . . but fate brought her to my wife Wendy.

My wife brought Sally home to a less than friendly reception from me.  But Sally instantly decided that I was worthy of her love, that I was her pack leader and she never left my side.

She was a good and loyal dog-dog to us.  Eternal guardian of her own personal recliner chair, a mighty killer of gophers and an enemy of any stray Jehovah Witnesses or pizza delivery drivers who dared to come on to her property.

Old age finally caught up to Sally this year.  She slept much more and no longer wanted to go on long walks with me.  She passed away naturally in her own personal doggie bed with her loving humans at her side.

I can honestly say Sally was a better person than 80% of the people I have met in my life.

Love you girl.  You saved me in so many ways.




Rainbow Bridge


Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers.

Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....


Author unknown...

2 comments:

Armand Vaquer said...

It is rough to lose a valued companion. I went through it last month. R.I.P. Sally.

Gary said...

I remember your cat article. It is the hardest thing in the world.