.

NEWS AND VIEWS THAT IMPACT LIMITED CONSTITUTIONAL GOVERNMENT

"There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with
power to endanger the public liberty." - - - - John Adams

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Ted Cruz - "Abolish the IRS"




Constitutional Federalist Senate candidate Ted Cruz
  • Cruz wants to abolish the IRS, the Departments of Education, Commerce and Energy.



It's about damn time we saw some real proposals coming from the lethargic Big Government GOP.

Now we have Constitutional Federalist Ted Cruz having won the Republican nomination for the US Senate in Texas.  Unlike 90% of Republicans out there, Cruz is a hardcore Constitutionalist and is willing to say it out loud.

Here is a portion of an interview.

The Daily Caller:    How do you come down on eliminating specific federal cabinet agencies and departments? Do you have specific ones you’d like to see thrown out?

Ted Cruz:    I am all for it. We’re in a crisis. Our national debt is larger than our gross domestic product. We are barreling down the road to where Greece and Italy and much of Europe find themselves. And we need serious leadership to stop it. I think we should shrink the size and power of the federal government by every and any means possible. What does that mean?

That means eliminating unnecessary or unconstitutional agencies. The first agency I would eliminate would be the U.S. Department of Education. I think education is far too important to be governed by unelected bureaucrats in Washington. I think it should be at the state level, or even better, at the local level where parents have direct influence over the education of our kids.

I would eliminate the U.S. Department of Commerce. I would eliminate the U.S. Department of Energy. I would eliminate the National Endowment of the Arts. I think the arts are terrific. But I see no reason why unelected bureaucrats spend your and mine tax dollars on arts they happen to like.

And the agency I’d most like to eliminate is the IRS through fundamental tax reform.


(Daily Caller)


Texas Tea Party's Ted Cruz







No comments: