.

NEWS AND VIEWS THAT IMPACT LIMITED CONSTITUTIONAL GOVERNMENT

"There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with
power to endanger the public liberty." - - - - John Adams

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Rand Paul - 'The intelligence community is drunk with power'



Attacking The 1984 Police State


Senator Rand Paul got a warm welcome at the People's Republic of Berkeley.  Paul attacked the Big Brother state in a speech Wednesday afternoon at UC-Berkeley's International House.

“I don’t know about you, but I’m worried.  If the CIA is spying on Congress, who exactly can or will stop them? I look into the eyes of senators and I think I see real fear. Maybe it’s just my imagination, but I think I perceive FEAR of an intelligence community drunk with power, unrepentant, and uninclined to relinquish power.”

“I am honestly worried,” Paul said, “concerned about who is truly in charge of our government. Most of you have read the dystopian nightmares and maybe, like me, you doubted that it could ever happen in America.”
.


"He's a serious contender," said Bruce Cain, a political expert who directs Stanford University's Bill Lane Center for the American West. "He can come to the Bay Area and plausibly look for money, which is not the case with Sarah Palin or some of the other people on the right," reports the San Jose Mercury News.

Paul  is making his own fundraising inroads.

His Bay Area visit included a breakfast ($500 to $2,500) and a separate reception ($500) Tuesday at the Olympic Club of San Francisco and a dinner ($1,000 to $5,200) Tuesday night at the city's Alexander's Steakhouse; another dinner at the same price was scheduled for Wednesday night at North Beach Restaurant.

"I am a big fan of his courage and leadership on privacy issues and constitutional limits on the government," California Republican Party vice chair Harmeet Dhillon of San Francisco said after meeting him Tuesday. "He has great things to say about appealing to minority voters, fairness, fiscal restraint and a prudent foreign policy based on US interests."

Dhillon said the GOP has too many single-issue voters among its activists, "and we often lose elections as a result. Objectively, I would say that 95 percent of what I heard today should be palatable to most Republican and many non-Republican voters. Heck, even some Democrats, because it's common sense."

Read more:  Politico.com
.
Rand Paul: Is 1984 Now?




 

No comments: