.

NEWS AND VIEWS THAT IMPACT LIMITED CONSTITUTIONAL GOVERNMENT

"There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with
power to endanger the public liberty." - - - - John Adams

Monday, November 24, 2014

Musings during a perfect day in Oceanside


Oceanside, California
























She said I can't go back to America soon
So goddamn cold it's going to snow until June
Yeah, they're freezin' up in Buffalo stuck in their cars
And I'm lyin' here 'neath the sun and the stars
Jimmy Buffett




By Gary;

It was been a bitch of a year, and my batteries badly needed re-charging.  So the wife and I were off to spend a weekend with friends and family in beautiful Oceanside.

I am a politics and public affairs junkie.  Can't help it.  It is in my blood.  But the time comes when you need to step back and get this insane crap out of your mind.

The highlight for me was Saturday afternoon.  It was a stunningly beautiful warmish 71 degrees, and I was people and pelican watching at the end of the Oceanside pier.

Warm weather, sea birds, surfers, hot dogs and hot women days before Thanksgiving.  I could only be in the People's Republic of California.

There is a lot politically to complain about in the People's Republic and nationally under King Obama.  But none of that crap really matters when you are in the moment of a perfect California day.

I don't want to insult you guys out there (yes I do really), but California is still the best place in the world to live.  Sure we will soon be annexed by Mexico as their newest state, but what the Hell.  On a day like this you just go with the flow and say "Screw it, I live in the most beautiful place on earth."

So for the rest of you fools freezing your butts off in those "lesser" 49 states, good luck to you this winter.  I won't be thinking of you while I am baking in the California sun.


Jimmy Buffett: Manana





California Dreamin' on such a winter's day



No comments: